- Elicit, analyze, validate and document business, functional and quality requirements for assigned projects or business initiatives using multiple BABOK methods and techniques.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis and identify solution alternatives – and demonstrate which is best.
- Work with project sponsors to ensure requirements are aligned to business objectives.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the actual underlying needs.
- Continually improve skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, business processes, services, and industry standards.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to business and technology units, customers, industry forums, senior management and executives, selecting the appropriate approach based on the audience.
- Support internal and external customers by sharing knowledge and expertise about standards and services.
- Mentors and motivate less senior staff in gaining knowledge and experience of business analysis skills and techniques.
- Takes ownership of complex or large components of projects and leads and supervises other staff members to deliver the expected results.
- Deep knowledge with the business analysis knowledge required as defined in the BABOK
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and writing skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into functional and operational requirements.
- 8+ years investment fund industry experience in SBA or similar role.
- Preferably a strong knowledge of ETFs.
- Experience with business intelligence platforms and projects.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners.
- Deep knowledge of various requirements analysis and modeling techniques.
- Ability to work independently under time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- University degree (business or computer science) or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in Business Analysis / CBAP® an asset.
- Good knowledge of BPM or Requirement Management tools an asset.
Location – downtown Toronto
Rate – 70-80/hr
Length – 3 mos to start (maybe 6 if they like you a lot!)