Prospective candidates require proven experience leading full phase solution design and delivery within the business intelligence and data warehouse space. The desired applicant must have strong communications skills (verbal and written) and know how to partner with cross-department teams, prospects, calients and business audiences in order to relate complex solutions in simple terms.
Location: Mississauga – close to Pearson Airport
Employment Type: Permanent
- 8-10 years experience in DW/BI projects with competent level of knowledge in various ETL and BI tools
- Experience in full life cycle solution design and implementation
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing architecture
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Hands-on involvement in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of DW/BI solutions.
- Closely work with all levels of business with varying levels of technical knowledge to gather accurate and actionable business, technical requirements and deliver solutions to support those requirements with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
- Work with sales team to exploit opportunities for our suite of products and services.
- On-site and remote demonstrations to clients or prospects.
- Discuss, capture and define customer requirements as part of the Discovery Process including on-site client/prospect meetings.
- Working closely with members of delivery, infrastructure and support to ensure appropriate solution design is provided and implemented.
- Support RFP/RFI and proposal process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate should have total of 8-10 years of delivery experience, familiar with all phases of SDLC.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience (certification is preferred) in at least one ETL and one BI technologies listed below:
- ETL – Datastage Infosphere, Talend, Abinitio
- BI – MicroStrategy, Qlikview, Cognos, SAP
- Experience designing and implementing data marts, and/or data warehouses
- B2B Pre Sales support and involvement in sales and business development process
- Experience in building technical solutions for RFIs, RFPs, tenders and quotation documents
- Experience in navigating through complex multi-dimensional business source systems to drive solutions
Other desired skills include:
- Design and development experience with visual insight, active dashboards, and mobile
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to optimize, analyze, and improved database SQL performance on any of the following platforms: Oracle, DB2, Teradata, SQL Server
- Knowledge of web presentation architectures and hardware/software implementations for business intelligence
- Knowledge of smart data presentation (scorecards, dashboards, and other advanced analytics)
This is a permanent job
Location – west Toronto (Mississauga officially) near Pearson Airport
Salary – 90-110K (may go higher for a good fit)