Sr. Software Development Engineer – Application Support
Our client’s proprietary technology powers advertising solutions that create 1:1 consumer connections. Real time data, brand safety technology and screen agnostic platform are the underpinnings of these advertising solutions. The technology solution is customizable to your unique needs and campaign objectives.
The client wanted to create a world in which online advertising was more efficient, and provided greater returns for advertisers and to generate the most intelligent audience connections and achieve deeper insights.
Do you enjoy investigating & resolving issues and being the person who solves the last piece of the puzzle? As an Application Support Engineer you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining our Data Processing systems. You will identify potential service-impacting items, work on live system incidents to bring the incident to closure within agreed SLA’s and design and implement performance and stability improvements.
• Ensure that a high quality of service and customer focus is maintained at all times
• Monitor systems to proactively identify and address potential issues
• Respond to high level business critical issues to ensure continuity of service within agreed SLA’s
• Perform deep-dive code inspections to address issues and identify performance and stability improvements
• Implement, test and deployment incident fixes onto the live platform
• Work with teams and people across the business to address issues
• Use your system knowledge and technical skills to identify and document ways of improving monitoring and system resource utilization
• Provide mentoring and support to the junior members of the team.
• Address any ad-hoc requests that are raised to the team
Desired Skills and Experience
• Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years relevant work experience
• Proficiency in Java/SQL
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems and distributed systems
• Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards such as OOD, SOAP, REST, Tomcat
• Working knowledge of Big Data and distributed processing technologies Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Storm, Kafka, HBase is desirable
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
• Shell/Bash scripting
What We Offer
• The opportunity to work with a smart team in an exciting company that values your contributions
• The chance to work with an application that can handle billions of transactions per day using distributed architecture
• An extended medical plan
• A convenient location, with an office next door to the Finch TTC Subway and GO Bus stations (located at Yonge & Finch)
• Fun company and team events
Salary – 85-100K
Benefits – standard