Senior Systems Engineer – Canada
Pre/Post Sales | Toronto, Ontario
Our client seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with the Regional Sales Director in a pre-sales and post-sales technical role, showcasing our client’s product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers – and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate’s interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory. Keep up-to-date on Layer 4-7 Switching competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory. Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
• 7+ years of Layer 4-7 Switching experience and expertise.
• Industry standard application delivery controller product experience required.
• Pre-Sales experience required. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
• Must have in-depth knowledge in at least one area of specialization in Virtualization, Application Acceleration or IPv6 Migration technologies.
• In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one of the following areas: Enterprise Applications, Network Security, or Network Address Translation.
• Knowledge of Layer-4-7 protocols and technologies such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, Caching, and Compression.
• Competitive knowledge in Layer4-7 switching including solutions, technology and product offerings.
• Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
This client is a Canadian subsidiary of an American firm. This is a work from home opportunity. Territory covers Ontario and Eastern Canada so travel will be required.
Base to 130K plus bonus