• Lead the effort to define and enhance business intelligence development standards. Identify new technologies that can be incorporated to improve the performance / usability.
• Collaborate with business analysts and solution architects in the development of new solutions and/or software programs and applications.
• Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements, specifications and designs
• Develop, translate, code and unit test software programs and applications according to specifications with a primary focus on ETL development
• Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
• Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
• Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of business systems as necessary.
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or business systems.
• Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
• Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science or information systems or equivalent working experience
• 10 years of application development experience within a structured, disciplined environment measured through quality and performance KPI’s
• At least 5 years, hands-on experience with ETL tools such as Talend or Informatica
• J2EE, Java security, LDAP, RESTful Web services as well as RSA identity and access management skillsets
• Familiarity with developing on an Oracle Platform – Solaris OS, Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Database EE & SE
• Experience performance tuning complex, multi-platform data-driven applications
• Familiarity with agile and waterfall software development techniques
• Good judgment is essential as are sound oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, negotiation and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
• CMMI and ITIL knowledge and experience is an asset
Salary – 80-100K plus bonus
Location – downtown Toronto