Job Description – Business Analyst
The key expectation to this position is to effectively elicit, analyze, and validate client’s business needs into business, functional, and operational requirements that are proficiently translated into feature rich products and technical deliverables including overall system, data and application design. The Business Analyst plays a key role in the product team along with Technical Product Manager, developers and SQA testers to build, deliver, and evolve functionality meeting product standards and roadmaps; and providing advice and solutions to the business needs.
- Develop products & services strategically and tactically to support business goals – operational efficiency, market share, quality, etc.
- Understand and Analyse in-house systems and product suite
- Perform deep analysis of client and internal requirements by conduction interviews with key stakeholders including external clients and internal subject matter experts
- Identify and document clear and concise business requirements; provide transparent insight to downstream (technical/testing) groups to allow for collaborative discussion and documentation
- Create and maintain strong and highly productive working relationships with solutions groups to ensure quality outputs
- Participate and lead client facing and internal meetings to drive business requirements into functional solutions that meet and exceed client and internal needs
- Participate in and drive JAD or collaborative sessions with non-technical staff and technical and architectural groups to ensure client requirements are defined and can be translated into technical solutions that meet the client needs while maintaining architectural integrity
- Maintain product standards and roadmaps used for different lines of business – Segregated Funds, Mutual Funds, Registered Products, Interfaces when constructing requirements
- Liaise with Business Solution & Synergy Group when shaping initial, final specifications of the functionality to meet business goals
- Keep abreast of industry best practices (e.g. IEEE-830) and recommend process changes to boost productivity, development throughputs and overall quality of work
- Assist or conduct detailed training on functionality to clients and product team and support team members
- Ability to employ appropriate elicitation techniques during requirement-gathering phases
- Be competent in Thinking on Your Feet and adapt to a changing landscape within assigned projects including scope and agile processes.
- Able to lead and resolve client functionality challenges when issues may arise during the project lifecycle
- Participate in audits and compliancy initiatives when needed
- Ensure all deliverables meeting the change management process
- Have a strong understanding of CMMI compliance and best practices.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The current opening specifically requires experience in Segregated Fund, Insurance Wealth Management products ideally in Annuities.
This position demands a high degree of experience on wealth and/or investment products within the insurance and/or mutual funds sector. The candidate must have a proven track record in Transfer Agency Systems in a dynamic I.T. organization with functionality changing rapidly due to market growth and regulatory mandates. Candidate must be adept at working in a product team environment, performing a SME role for specific products lines, and managing, understanding all business components of moderate to complex business related projects. Additional preferred qualifications are:
- B.A degree in Economics, Business or equivalent
- Advanced business knowledge with Wealth Management, Mutual Funds, and/or Transfer Agency Systems
- Strong presentation and communication skills; the ability to translate requirement details in non-technical, business-savvy terms
- Willingness to travel to Mississauga or client sites
- Experience using Data, Solutions & Process Modelling methods – ERD, AHD, DFD, Use Case, UML, Decision Tables
- Have past experience in practising different development methodologies – Agile, SCRUM, Iterative
- Demonstrated creativity in guiding users toward accepting system solutions involving changes in operation procedures and work practices
- Experience to handle multiple concurrent projects, deliverables
- Experience to work with project team located globally and in different time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build working relationships and rapport for collaboration and conflict-resolution purposes
- Proven track records of implementing major business solutions – $10M+
- Hands-on experience using one or more software requirements tools – IBM RUP, etc.
- Over 5 years of hands-on experience in the Business Analysis field
- 3-5 years of experience working at client sites
Location: west end (near Pearson Airport)
Salary: 75-85K range