Professional skills you must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of design patterns, OO techniques and software development methodologies, including use-case development and formal UML requirements techniques.
- Ability to learn, evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation and able to work in a challenging environment.
- Excellent communication skills with an open mind to different opinions from peers and business partners are expected.
- Solid experience working in a disciplined systems development life cycle is required.
- Ability to work independently in all phases of the systems development life cycle from requirements through testing.
Minimum Technical Skills:
- Minimum 8 years of overall application development work experience, using JAVA/C/C++/Perl and any standard RDBMS database on Linux/UNIX platforms.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with high volume, high availability, and critical system development in Unix based environments.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented programming.
- Extensive experience with XML, JAXP.
- Hands on experience with various design patterns.
- Experience with any object-to-relational mapping framework and dependency injection framework.
- Strong working knowledge of Perl and Shell programming is preferred.
- Knowledge or experience working with LDAP and any DNS software is an asset.
- Knowledge or experience working with aspect-oriented programming is an asset.
- Must have an undergraduate (B.S.) degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant training with at least eight years experience programming in a professional environment.
Location: North end Toronto (Yonge & Finch area)