This role is primarily focused on the development and implementation of specific aspects of the our client’s eDOCS (electronic forms management) offering utilizing Tibco ESB as well as EMS (messaging) platforms. The individual will work closely with the eDOCS architect as well as the other software developers and project team members.
The candidate must be able to analyze, design, code, test, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, configuring, coding, developing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the application lifecycle.
• Collaborate with business analysts and solution architects in the development of new solutions and/or software programs and applications.
• Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
• Responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with minimal supervision
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements, specifications and designs
• Develop, translate, and code and unit test software programs and applications according to specifications
• Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
• Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
• Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of business systems as necessary.
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or business systems.
• Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
• Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science or information systems or equivalent working experience
• 10 years of application development experience within a structured, disciplined environment measured through quality and performance KPI’s
• At least 5 years, hands-on experience with TIBCO Business Works and EMS Experience implementing web services through TIBCO ESB
• J2EE, Java security, LDAP, RESTful Web services as well as RSA identity and access management skillsets
• Familiarity with developing on an Oracle Platform – Solaris OS, Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Database EE & SE
• Experience performance tuning complex, multi-platform data-driven applications
• Experience performance tuning and load testing applications developed with TIBCO ESB
• Experience with implementing and enforcing Software Quality Assurance methodologies
• Familiarity with agile and waterfall software development techniques
• Good judgment is essential as are sound oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, negotiation and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
• CMMI and ITIL knowledge and experience is an asset
• TIBCO Business Studio experience is an asset
Location: downtown Toronto